Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaking in new top end, running oil reservoir low to change brands, and running premix for break in. Ran 3/4 tank of gas through, filled up with fresh gas and didn't get more than 1/2 mile and engine shut down no spark. Oil in reservoir was right at the riser spout in the bottom of the tank, and so thought there might be a shut of switch as I have absolutly no spark. There was oil still in bottom of tank about an inch or so. Wondering what plan of action to take, I don't think motor is burnt as it turns over like normal, but have no spark. Any suggestions?????

·
Registered
837 Posts
have to take then plugs out and grounded them to see if there is no spark, i wonder if you stripped the rotary gear. what kind of oil are you changing to? and what are you running now?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going from injex to Bombardier oil. What does the rotary gear have to do with spark?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the problem, a piece of the rubber damper seal from the rewind came off and got picked up by the flywheel, brought around and knocked the spark pickup component off. I would highly recommend replacing that damper seal if it has any cracks or deterioration to prevent the problem.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Jigs, I once had my 1996 Skidoo Skandic 500 stall and stop with no chance or starting or spark. The culprit was a low oil sensor that stops the engine so it doesn't run with no oil. You may want to see if yours has this, probably does...[:D]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is exactly what I thought it was at first until I filled with oil, had no luck, and then found the spark pickup busted off, The dealer said that my model doesn't have an oil shut off only an indicator light. Thanks for the thought tho,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts