Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
They were one of the fastest sleds in their day..

Reliability is pretty good too, but they're heavy beasts. Great for groomed trails and ice, but will tire yer ass out ditch banging.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i have the 650 in mine. id like a 800 if i could get one for a good price.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
MicahMan said:
You have a 650 in a storm? (the storm chassis is different than the other wedge chassis)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ive got a 93 750 Storm and i love it. The 800 is touch larger bore and the ports are way better. Look up BattleStorm on here and ask him. He had a Storm that ripped hindend. A 800 Storm that clutched and geared right will haul more mail than they already do. With the right pipes they sure do wake the heck right on up!!!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Heh, if you think clutching and pipes wake them up, you gotta try EFI..

When you pin the throttle, instead of the 1/4 to 1/2 second lag from the time you start to move the flipper till the sled starts moving, the sled moves as soon as the flipper moves.

The 1st time I went to try it out in the back yard, I almost didn't grab hold fast enough. It almost left me sitting on my tuckas on the ground, at half throttle.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
MicahMan said:
You have a 650 in a storm? (the storm chassis is different than the other wedge chassis)
no as in i have a 650 sled now and id like to get an 800

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what size should my jets be in the carburator? it says i have a 440 jet and i have tripple pipes...is that right?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
All storms came with triple pipes, they were one of the few sleds that came from the factory with them.

Look under the hood on the sled for a sticker that shows what the jets should be for various altitudes and temperatures...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if i have the clutch all redone and clutched out...do i have to change anything else if i want to do that?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Nope, don't need to change anything else with clutching.

But you can drop a tooth on the gearing and get even more pull out of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts