Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bo is looking at a 680 spx, xcr 700 and a 800 storm. the 680 and the xcr 700 are $4000 canadian and the storm is $2500 he is leaning towards the storm because of the price...and who can pass up more power? what do yall think thre experiance of the three? pros cons? thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Is the storm the indy chassis or the agressive??? Thats a good price..

·
Registered
313 Posts
At $2500 it's a good price but what shape is the engine, and suspension in, although all three may be ridden hard because of the larger displacement, usually the larger will be ridden harder and may end up being the wprst deal. (keep in mind that this is not always true, but more often the case!!!!) Now if the engine, and suspension are in good shape, by all means go for it!!!!)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the storm is the old school indy chassis. they all have around 5000 miles, all were rode on gromed trails in New Brunswick, canada. we always take a compression tester with us when we look at sleds. the ultra and the xcr are "said" to b in excelnt condition and the storm is said to b in good condidtion, (has a ripped seat and needs skis) we have skis to fit it and the ripped seat is nothing to fix for us. does any one knwo the charactoristcs of these sleds? i heard the spx is around 135 hp and the storm is between 155 n 160 is this right? what is the 1998 xcr 700's power? thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
the older storm is probley in the high 130s lower 140s HP..I like the looks of the indy style storms so if it is in good shape that would be my choice, but they are all good sleds..

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so ur saying my xcr 680 should b able to stay with him real good?

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
If your sled is in that HP range you should be able to...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awsome my dads friend says mine runs around 130-136 hp. so i wont get as wasted as i thought.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
If it is a 1996 Storm it is in the agressive chassis. If it is in the standard Indy chassis it must be a 1993-1995.

A friend of mine has a 1994 Storm and after I smoked him several times, he bought all kinds of stuff to put on to try to make it run. He just gave up on it and bought a '99 T-Cat. He keeps forgetting that he is 75 lbs heavier than me and that means alot too.

If you ask alot of people-the Storm never lived up to it potential.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the newer bodied xcr 700 will be a better sled than the old storm, in hp and trail riding.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no its a 96 and its the indy chassis

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
can't be, i have a 96 brochure right in front of me and the storm comes in the aggressive chassis.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my dad saw it 2 days ago. it is the old style like my bro's 91 500 sp also some sleds here in canada have the old style bodys while the same sled in the USA are the new style. mybe the dealer got the year screwed up but i dont think so

1 - 14 of 14 Posts