Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, first post so we will see where this goes. I have a very clean 1996 Ultra Sp with Slp Pipes. Last ride of the year, I hit something and wrecked my seemingly perfect track. I did a fair amount of research, but evidently, not enough. I purchased and Camoplast rip saw 2 and 144 1.375 gold diggers. Today I installed said track, and when I got the skid in, which is completely gone through with new sliders and rebuilt shocks, I am running paddle interference with my tunnel protectors. I have obviously done more research at this point and created an account. My question is, what’s the best course of action? Removed the tunnel protectors? 8 tooth drivers? I don’t want to notch the track. Lower the skid?
I have read a lot of guys run 1.25’s with studs on a wedge chassis ultra. How did you do it and was there any cause and effect to what you did?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The standard tunnel protectors are 3/4 inch height. I made custom ones today out of Hyfax material, that are 1/2 height. If that doesn’t work, I am going to plain them down to 3/8’s. I read most guys take the tunnel protectors out, but I don’t want to do that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I put a 1.25" track in my old indy 500 sks.. the track and skid came out of an ultra. There might be another set of holes in the tunnel for "deep snow operation "

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are intact no other holes for to lower the skid in the tunnel as you speak of. I can’t speak on behalf of the Snow King Special but I have read multiple times that the Rocky Mountain King had a different chain case and presumably different mounts in the tunnel to accommodate for a much bigger paddle. Removing standard tunnel protectors and installing 1/2 inch tunnel protectors very soon, and will update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts