Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i wasnt thinkin haha i shoulda asked first but anyway i just bought a xcr 440 1996 xtra 10 blah blah blah the twin that looks like a xlt motor he JUST had it rebuilt at the dealer cost him 1000 he wanted 2000 i got it for 1200 canadian the motor has 100 miles since he rebuilt it has never been raced he just did trips with it has 3684 miles on the chassis did i get taken haha and what do they have for major problems are those motors any good at all like im all worried now a few beer and i go buy a sled for 1200 should i just sell it haha

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Don't hit anything, the whole front suspension is a one-off prototype for the CRC xtra-10. You'll never find the right part that's the correct length.

The 440 NiCaSil motor is fairly finnicky when it comes to jetting.

·
Registered
591 Posts
sounds like it has a triple, which is better than a nicasil 440, but is probably a 580, monoblock or individual cylinders?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gto0209 said:
sounds like it has a triple, which is better than a nicasil 440, but is probably a 580, monoblock or individual cylinders?
nah man shes a 2 lunger 440 just has the same style head cover i dont mean to be rude but i can count to three hehe just playin man so the 440 nic engine is no good? but you were half right it is a mono engine but just a 440

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It's the NiCa 440 (red cylinder head, kinda square-ish). Yeah I've had the 1996 XCR 440, and two 1997 XC 440s, they all use the same motor, I'm not a fan. All three of them had a bog that I couldn't get rid of.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had a 97 XC 440 the thing was a animal...good powder sled imo but i never had any troubles with it and no bog in it unlike prieviously stated above me. I think there nice sleds you'll have fun on it,they are pretty quick for a 440.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I just sold my 96 this fall. I only had it a year, but it was a pretty quick and fun sled for what it was. I was going to play with the clutching and tuning if I had kept it, but never got a chance. If the jetting gets to be an issue you might want to look into a tempaflow. Were u going to play with the clutching any on it?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
rich1374670x said:
Is the 96 xcr 440 crc different from the 97 cc 440?
Yes, on the '97 xc, the front suspension got changed again for another prototype CRC system, and once again everything was unique only to the '97 xc 440. full production vresion of CRC on a majority of Poo's began in 1998.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey man, post up some pics!!![:D]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok ya i sold it it was a total POS lesson learned do not drink a case of LGD and go look at a sled kinda like a woman i guess look better after a few beer

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
skspolarisxlt said:
ok ya i sold it it was a total POS lesson learned do not drink a case of LGD and go look at a sled kinda like a woman i guess look better after a few beer
HAHA! this made my night, thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts