Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can give me some 411 on this sled. I just purchased one for $1000.00.What do you think about the price, how fast, overall performance. It's in good condition. Cleaned up very nicely.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
good sled, watch the crank bearings, what kind of pipes? Xtra 10 is a major improvement! plastic skis are nice too. what kind of acc? mileage? any rebuild?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the xcr sp did not have crank issues. are the jugs seperate or one block for all three pistons? does the sled have two headlight or one?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting ready to check compression etc.When he dropped the sled off there was metal on the stick.I know theres a metal tip for that purpose.Not sure if was normal or not.I'll let you know about the type of exhaust.Mileage it a little under 7k.IT HAS ABOUT 2,000 MILES ON THE MOTOR. IT WAS REBUILT. THE TRACK HAS ABOUT 2,00MILES AND THE CLUTCH HAS 1,500 MILE. IT READS 7,044 MILES. IT HAS 2 RIPS IN THE SEAT.One block for the cylinders and the headlight is two split.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The motor rebuild,clutch etc is what the guy selling has told me.I asked him to either provide receipts or get me the place that did the work.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I would dump that sled ASAP I had the same sled last year rebuild and all blew it up in 5 min. of riding the mono blocks are crap DO NOT let anyone tell you different! You will learn the hard way if you still ride it this yr. Good Luck man...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by RED_XCR_440
[br]I would dump that sled ASAP I had the same sled last year rebuild and all blew it up in 5 min. of riding the mono blocks are crap DO NOT let anyone tell you different! You will learn the hard way if you still ride it this yr. Good Luck man...
Sorry but that isnt the Monoblock tripple. It a Case reed engine which were used in Xcr600 triple/triples, Ultra's and the big boy Xcr800

·
Registered
317 Posts
ok well it might just last for a few season then...

·
Registered
394 Posts
i think it will be a great sled for ya, lasts more than one season, just depends on how you care for them and whats done. Respect the sled like you would a car right!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have the same sled as well.....Just from reading, it sounds like the ultra base motor has no issues with cranks or blowing up (any more then any other sled)...But had some tuning issues. small 600 jugs on a 680 bottom end with storm pipes. the power band is great...as long as you are running flat out, on the trail I guess they were less then desirable. (5000-6000 rpms). Do a seach on this site and find "how to get my XCR600sp to run right" lots of tunning help. I forget who turned me on to that...But thanks no the less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same sled as you skyybid but I painted the pink on mine blue and added some blue led's under the tunnel.The guy that I bought it from said it is very fast it is ging to be sweet because this will be the first season I get to ride this because I purchased it in the summer.You said that it picks the skis off no problem does yours have studs?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I Used to have an xcr600sp, pain to tune. I found it very difficult to make the sled hook up. Def need studs. Def a dog out of the hole till the engine winds up. Clutch kit will help a lot too.
If your jugs are all one piece then its just an xcr. Its white right? The sp was a little faster I believe.

Did the 96 monoblocks have issues too or was that just the 97's? Def run synthetic oil, itll help prolong crank life no matter what engine you have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts