Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know were I can get a low pricing aftermarket or used starter motor? I've tried EBAY and the factory one is about $400 USD. Mine was removed by the previous owner.[^]

Thanks.

LD

·
Registered
777 Posts
not sure why you need one ,but my 12 yr old daughter could start mine by her self,easyist starting machine i,ve ever owned

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well its hard to pull for 1 and it's very sensative to the choke. I may have to change the needle and seats as one of the other topics indicates. I've just replaced the entire engine and had it running a couple of months ago. If its not running now, likely it will be hard to start at 10F.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I got a starter motor for you. I just took it off to save weight on the sled. If they go for 400 new, make me an offer. You can private message me if you want.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
if your sled don't start in 3 pulls in normal temps or 10 pulls at cold (-20F) temps, somethin is wrong with either your technique, or your carbs.

cold start warm day:
set enrichener (it's not a choke actually).
pull till it fires, when it fires, turn off choke, see if it will idle. if it idles then dies, try with a little enrichener.

cold start normal day
same as above, but you can leave choke on usually till it warms up some

cold start cold day.
same as above, usually takes a couple more pulls, but still should be trying to fire after 4-5 pulls. DO NOT OPEN THROTTLE. Crack it a little if you need to, but opening the throttle with the enrichener on will defeat the enrichener, and it will not draw extra fuel.

Warm starts any temp, pull a few times without the choke. If it doesn't run, then add a little enrichener. It shouldn't take much though.

If your sled takes WOT to start ever, and makes alot of smoke, start looking at a leaky fuel pump diaphram, or leaking needles/seat combo.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ripperd2 for the input. I may have a leaky neadles and seats. Any way of checking those before shelling out $20 a piece?[:D]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Fire up the sled let it run for a few minutes. Then shut it off with the kill switch, and leave it for at least a couple hours. Now, pull your plugs (with the ignition off), and pull the motor over. If any more fuel than a mist shoots out the plug holes, they need replacing.

-Dean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts