Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1996 Polaris XLT Touring Primay clutch Just add a blue Polaris primary & new weights

I have a very nice condition 1996 Polaris XLT touring with 34mm carburetors and I replaced the stock straight 34 degree helix with a SLP 40 50/34 black hardshell Helix with a Polaris Silver/blue spring with the spring located in the 3rd hole. I like how it hits when coming out of the corners now since it backshifts instantly and takes off much better than with the stock 34 degree helix and stock soft red spring. I am now going to redo my primary and I heard that a Blue Primary spring and new weights 10M5 will allow for better aceleration than just the blue spring and the stock 10MB weights. Does anyone here have another or better recomendation as to springs and weights? I ride mostly groomed trails and I would like to increase performance from off the bottom to 60 mph or so since I seldom drive any faster than that anyway and the speed limit on the trails is 50mph anyway. My sled only seems to top out at just over 80mph anyway when it had the stock parts in it so as long as I do not want to lose any top speed and I am looking to gain more bottom end to midrange performance since a responsive sled is much more fun when riding the trails.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts