Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so I recently bought a 1996 skidoo mxz 583 and at first it ran find but know its difficult to start and will not run well, I have tried pulling plugs and and pulling it over and fuel only sprays out of one cylinder so it seems to be flooding in only one cylinder what could this be? A stuck float of needle and seat? Any way tell me what you guys think soon as you can and it does start after I unflood it then dies after a while....

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would say you need a carb cleaning, you may have some crud in the tank and getting stuck in the fuel needle and seat, may need to clean out the tank, possible install a inline filter is it keeps causing issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I had the same issue with my 1997 formula 500, It would flood while riding or every time I shut it off. I would have to shut the gas off before shutting off my machine or it would flood and I would be stuck there.

Your needle and seats in your carbs need changed. They are only like $35 each and your sled will run perfect after. If you do not change them then eventually it will get worse and you will have to be towed home. See photo bellow>
needle seat.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts