Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an adjustment(making it stiffer) on the sled to ensure that 2 adults don't bottom it out? I see a linkage near spring with notches, but not sure how to do this or if possible. [:0]

·
Registered
82 Posts
lmdski

If I understand your description of the spring correctly, then those notches are where you can adjust your spring tension, thereby giving you a stiffer suspension. I am not exactly sure which Skandic you have, but you can check this link and navigate to your particular model to check the part. At the link below, the notches would be #21. If you turn those notches to a wider notch, then the lower portion of your spring would sit higher (further from the track), giving you the lift you are looking for. You should be able to do this with a wrench as the notches should have a plastic nut on them ... just remember to adjust both the left and right sides equally.

http://www.onlinemicrofiche.com/Anokaramsey/Skidoo_OEM/Skidoo.asp?Type=13&A=214&B=31

Also, someone on here will be able to provide some input as to how these settings affect the way your machine will ride ... I have an 88 Tundra, so mine is pretty basic.

Hope this helps and good luck with your sled.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I though that the rear adjustment on the rear suspension was for rider weight? I think thats how it is on my safari anyways. With two people on my sled i tighten up the rear spring at the back of the skid and it improves the ride. Maybe it will be the same for yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts