Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I seized up the bottom end of my sled so I had 4 bearings replaced, crank re-phased and replaced one piston. Everything is back together but now I have no spark??? I had put in a used stator two years ago as my old one died however I don't think this is my problem. I've check for power coming off of the wires coming off of the stator and of the 6 that are in the wiring block, two of them flash with the test light when I pull the sled over...should more than two light up? Could there be a short somewhere or possibly something that I didn't put back together properly? I have the wires going to the CDI plugged in. Tried new plugs. I'm at a loss right now. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
187 Posts
do a resistance check of the stator as well. this could reveal if you have a bad component in the stator. if you disconnect the single black wire near the other connections, it will disable the key and kill switch. check all connections and grounds. let us know what you find. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't remember connecting a single black wire. But if this bypassess the kill switch and key then if it's not plugged in right now that should be ok, right? When using a test light on the stator plug does anyone know if more than two wires should light up the test light when pulling the engine over? Could I not have a ground wire hooked up somewhere? Would anyone have a wiring diagram for this sled?

·
Registered
187 Posts
yes, if the wire is not hooked up, it would spark. i dont have a diagram in front of me, but i dont believe there are more wires that will light up. the brown is ground, yellow is a/c power from the stator. the other connector has, if i remember right, a green, red, and black wire. these are for the cdi and come from the trigger coil. the other wires are from the lighting coil. so you'll only have power out of a couple of the wires. someone will be able to upload a schematic for you. unfortunately, i dont have a scanner. check the resistance readings. specs are on the schematic as well. good luck. -Polaris Doc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts