Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 96 v-max 600 mountain max and it starts great but doesnt run right until wide open, then it runs like a champ 8000 rpm no problem!it doesn't have any instant power on the bottom end through mid throttle it acts like its hesitating but once you hit the bar she takes off like a good yammy does and screams!I just bought it it has "smart carbs" witch i'm going to get cleaned and synced at by my Yamaha dealership,i'm hoping they can find the problem,if i can't !the flashing three light thing wtf?? who came up with this stuff? and the TORS stuff? Why make stuff harder to fix? Sleds have enough moving parts on them already don't add stuff that can break for no reason!I was hoping since this sled is a 96 that someone on here had figured out everything that can go possibly wrong with one of these V-Max's i have a feeling I'll be asking a lot of questions lol!! thanks guys! I still think the design of these sleds is one of the best ever made to me its a beautiful looking machine!Now to get it to run beautifully!!

1,792 Posts
I just bought this 96 v-max 600 mountain max and it starts great but doesnt run right until wide open, then it runs like a champ 8000 rpm no problem!it doesn't have any instant power on the bottom end through mid throttle it acts like its hesitating but once you hit the bar she takes off like a good yammy does and screams!I just bought it it has "smart carbs" witch i'm going to get cleaned and synced at by my Yamaha dealership,i'm hoping they can find the problem,if i can't !the flashing three light thing wtf?? who came up with this stuff? and the TORS stuff? Why make stuff harder to fix? Sleds have enough moving parts on them already don't add stuff that can break for no reason!I was hoping since this sled is a 96 that someone on here had figured out everything that can go possibly wrong with one of these V-Max's i have a feeling I'll be asking a lot of questions lol!! thanks guys! I still think the design of these sleds is one of the best ever made to me its a beautiful looking machine!Now to get it to run beautifully!!
TORS, (throttle over ride switch). Similar to throttle position sensor on Cat. Very common on this generation V-Maxes.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I agree, TORS. If you take it to the dealer to clean the carbs, they will get it working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys i hope the guys at the dealership can get it running because its a nice trail sled,we have great trails here and its old enough for the classic pass so good times if i can get it going!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts