Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love the old fire red Vmax 4's. But knowing its a four cylinder I'm wondering if the the insurance is a killer. How much is it in canadian dollars?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I'm not sure why it would be any more expensive than anything else...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just call a broker and ask them. I seen a VMAX 4 with quad pipes and decked right out it was running 102mph in 660 feet. Then I seen him pull up and I said to my buddies, he's gonna blow that thing up.. he took off and 10 feet later, POOF!
lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I'm asking is because the insurance over here is a complete SCAM. Were paying 250 for an old VMAX per season. It used to be (2 years ago) 80 for the entire season. And Supposedly it's very very hard to insure the RX-1 being a four cylinder. Just curious what it'd be for a Vmax-4.

Mark

·
Registered
328 Posts
Your paying $30/month? THATS CHEAP!! For us here in vancouver bc, on pretty much any 800cc, its $800cnd, with a 300-400 detuctible. The only way you can even get that is if you are part of the BCSF, if your not, its around 1000 with 500-600 detuctible.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
My 377 safari is 500$!!!! WHAT THE HECKS WITH THAT!

·
Registered
366 Posts
my 95 xlt and 79 Txc togther cost me 520.00 for the year with collision insurance on the XLT 200.00 deductible

Rich

·
Registered
864 Posts
Usually two schools of thought for pricing from insurance companies. some do it by CC and model.. some do it by value. You can usually tell by the question they ask you. Mine was by value, same company for years all my stuff is there, did'nt care I had a 800 or a nucluar fusion drive, unless that option raises the purchase cost. eheh. I'm paying $650 (01 Xcr) for everything with a $250 decuctable, and $450 (98 indy). I'm sure there are cheaper places around, but if you ever had to claim you also look for the services. Two years ago my wife was hit by a guy blowing a red, wrote off our grocery getter.Insurance was more than fair on the value of the write off.. I came away impresssed. I've heard much differant from others. I'll stay put for now considering they also insure my 5.7L S truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts