Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused. I saw an ad I may be interested in, but he lists the sled as a 1996 wildcat 700 efi, but the pic shows a t-cat. Am I correct in thinking the t-cat was a 900 in 96?

Thanks for setting me straight.

http://maine.craigslist.org/bar/1987414090.html

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
yeah, i saw that add too. I'm thinking that it might be a wildcat with a thundercat hood. I did the same thing actually, sold a wildcat with a thundercat hood on it. Only i said in the add- NOT ORIGINAL HOOD!
It was a 900 cc, yes

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I want to have my info squared away before I contacted him.

I really don't remember much about 1996 other than it was the year I got divorced. The 90s were rough on me.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Yeah, i would find out what the compression is for that engine also, the 900 is a huge engine.
I also implore you to not spend 1500 dollars for a 25 year old sled. There are 01 sleds for that or less. May not have 160 horsepower, but you'd probably enjoy riding it more.
my 2 cents.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea, I won't spend that for a 90s sled. There are a ton of them in Craigslist and Uncle Henry's here in ME and in NH. This sled has been in Craigslist for a while. That's what I'm looking for.....sleds that have been listed many, many times. It seems that as a rule, people are thinking their sleds are made of gold.

To tell the truth, I am hoping it's a 700 in 900 clothing. 900 is too much for me.

Thanks for the help. Last winter I started to get back in snowmobiling after a very long hiatus. I can use all the advice anyone wants to give. I'm very out of touch.

On a side note, my last Cat was a '94 ZR580 that I promptly totaled with just over 100 miles on the odometer. The 90s really were rough on me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
cooper30 said:
I'm confused. I saw an ad I may be interested in, but he lists the sled as a 1996 wildcat 700 efi, but the pic shows a t-cat. Am I correct in thinking the t-cat was a 900 in 96?

Thanks for setting me straight.

http://maine.craigslist.org/bar/1987414090.html
That is the old style Thundercat 93-95. In 96 they went to the more tradional looking model. That's too much $ for a wildcat or an old style thundercat. The old style thundercat is VERY heavy.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
94 is the last year i beleive of that style. its a wildcat 700 efi. 93 or 94.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed him about it and was told it's a 700 with a Thundercat hood...but then he went on about having an 800 in a 900's chassis and burnt pistons.......

I'm not even going to bother.

Thanks for all the help!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
cooper30 said:
I emailed him about it and was told it's a 700 with a Thundercat hood...but then he went on about having an 800 in a 900's chassis and burnt pistons.......

I'm not even going to bother.

Thanks for all the help!!!
Ya...sounds like a goofball..you're probably best steering clear from him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts