Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 xcr 600 sp is getting really bad gas mileage like between 5 and 6 mpg im wonder why the hell it eats so much gas and what to do to fix it...

thanks
-ryan

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I would go through all the cluching. Items may need to be replaced. Check all bearings, clean the carbs as needle and seat maybe worn and leaking.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
same problem with my 95 xcr, especially when my son, whos 17 is riding it. Not so much when I, 39, am??? Wonder why???? You play hard, you pay hard. Dont think its to bad though, My 95 RXL, was lucky to get 3 mpg. A reaql pig is the 95 xcr,"polarisrocks" sled. 60 miles, 11 gallons, and he has a triumph motor, with flat slides, what a total gas gussler, but he does have the power out of it, but very very expensive gas wise

·
Registered
77 Posts
just curious,your not running the stock main jets are you? those sleds came real fat from the factory 400-400-400. at 0-3000ft elevation you can rejet down to mag350-center370-pto370.there was o bulletin on this.i have mine jetted at 340-360-360 and get about 100 miles to a tank of gas

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I had the same sled dropped the mains several sizes (dont rem the exact size) but it made a huge diff. I was also told to go down one pilot size but was to scared to blow her up cause I was a broke college student at that time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I used to have one of those and i did like welder383 said for the jetting. My dealer looked up all the bulletins for it and that was one of them. They are a tough sled to tune in general, they came from the factory tuned about the worst ive ever seen a sled tuned, thats why they dint last long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts