Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this for sale on craigslist and wanted to get opinions on this deal. I kinda thinking more could go wrong down the line. What does everyone else think?

1996 polaris xcr600sp. sled needs a new head on one cylinder everything eles is good to go. 4000 miles fresh crankshaft seals carbs cleaned new throttle cable. coolent was mixed wrong and froze causing one of the heads to crack. it has triple carbs and pipes. 500 firm wont take anylower. studded track and it has reverse. black in collor with blue hood vents looks very nice

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
your thinking right,,,,,

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
If it cracked the head, who's to say anything else isn't cracked or damaged from the bad coolant?
triple carbs? nothing special about that... and triple pipes were stock, so that's nothing special either.
But I would still buy it haha -- I buy anything if I'll make a worthwhile profit on it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thats what i was thinking the jugs could be cracked or warped and the pistons might have alot of play in there now.

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
If it cracked the head, who's to say anything else isn't cracked or damaged from the bad coolant?
triple carbs? nothing special about that... and triple pipes were stock, so that's nothing special either.
But I would still buy it haha -- I buy anything if I'll make a worthwhile profit on it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
ya buy it and part it, sell seat and hood for a good 200 bucks, track for 125, suspension for 100 bucks and they the misc parts and you will still make money.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The reverse kit will bring $200 easy, do some math and break it down, make a mock list of parts from that sled, put fair prices on them and add it all up, you will be very surprised at what the GRAND TOTAL comes out to be, I made some pretty good money off parting some sleds last year and will be back at it again this coming season.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was'nt looking to buy a sled to part it i was looking to buy a sled to ride a few tims in the beginging of the year when the trails are still have alot of open water and mud that way my 09 IQ is'nt getting a mud bath that most sleds get here in Western Ny. I was hoppin to buy it cheap and maybe put 200 into it and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
mattgyz250f said:
i was'nt looking to buy a sled to part it i was looking to buy a sled to ride a few tims in the beginging of the year when the trails are still have alot of open water and mud that way my 09 IQ is'nt getting a mud bath that most sleds get here in Western Ny. I was hoppin to buy it cheap and maybe put 200 into it and call it a day.
ok, but i still say part it, sell the parts in the summer, then buy like a decent sled in early fall like a 2000 xcsp or sno pro.

·
Registered
134 Posts
mattgyz250f said:
that always happens to my sled. it seems that there are more mud holes then snow

my cusin is trying to sell his 97 xlt.nothing wrong with it he will take 800 bucks. just saying.(pictures in my gallery, im not sure how to uplaod pics)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thats not a good deal at all! My brother bought a PERFECT running 96 XCR 600 SP for 500 bucks. It had nothing wrong with it either! He sold just the engine for 550, and the chassis for 300. Dont buy it for that price!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts