Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished pulling the skid out of my sled, and I want to put new springs on. It appears that the only way to do that is to pull the upper wheels off. I loosened and removed the collars held on with the allen screw, but the wheels seem stuck. They spin freely on the bearings, but they won't slide off the shaft. I am not real familiar with Cat suspensions, so I don't know if I am missing something or if I just need to hammer them off and replace a wheel or bearing or both or all 4 if they get trashed. Any help would be great!
Thanks-
Greg

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
use an air chisel with a punch attachment ,drives those bearing right off

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hah! None of it matters now, I just picked up an M-10 with an Arctic Cat mount kit on eBay. The old skid is going back together as-is and getting sold. And truthfully, it really didn't need the work I was doing, I just wrench on stuff for therapy when there is no snow. The springs are in decent shape, just old. And the shocks probably have at least 700 or 800 miles left on them. So if anyoen is looking for a good deal on a '96 ZeRT skid, let me know. I know a guy who is getting rid of one.......
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts