Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to get a Indy super sport and i don't want to get a piece of crap it is $400 and i wondering what to look for when buying it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
bam290 said:
i am looking to get a Indy super sport and i don't want to get a piece of crap it is $400 and i wondering what to look for when buying it.
If it's in good shape and if you trail ride then it should be a good sled. Those sleds are good trail sleds.

·
Registered
443 Posts
bam290 said:
it needs a nose cone and i will just trail ride it
You can find a nose cone for cheap i would get it.
From like 20 to 100 bucks i wouldn't spend more then 50 bucks. Look on ebay.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just make sure it is in good shape, have him start it up, check under the hood and if the motor looks good get it. Just make sure its a clean and check the miles. Check the clutch, track, and the overall appearance.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dont forget to look at the track, make sure its not torn or rotting

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the spare hood that is on it now is in bad shape but the has the original that is very good shape so i relay don't no the mileage

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
For $400 bucks you can't really go wrong. $100 for a nosecone and you're just pissing away money, don't spend more than $30 for one. If it runs and is even in halfway decent condition, I would buy it without a doubt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure if it's true, but i've heard the standard 8" rear skids have a tendency to have cracks in the rails. i've asked people, because the standard 8 skid i had in my XCR 440 had cracked rails so, make sure there are no egged out holes, the skis, and shocks are okay, and no cracks in suspension components...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yes the 8-inchers commonly had egged out holes, and the mounting ears on the rails sometimes broke or crack.
Also the xtra-10's are pretty notorious for the Front torque arm cracking at the base where it mounts to the rails

·
Registered
443 Posts
bam290 said:
what should i look for in the clutch
Just make sure it's in good shape, make sure it's not rusted or covered i burnt rubber from the belt.[thumb]

·
Registered
564 Posts
pics would be nice, when you go to look at it check the motor first, make sure it isnt hot. Some people run there engines before hand so they start better. Either way the indys and ss's around that time are pretty bullet proof either way so almost and style like that for a price like that is good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts