Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate some advice. I am contemplating buying my first sled. I don't have much to spend, but I was looking at a 1997 polaris 700 SKS with 4900 miles. Does anyone have any comments (good or bad) on this sled? It seems very well priced and I want to know if I am missing something or if it is just a good deal. Thanks

·
Registered
975 Posts
[8D]Hey Scout and welcome to the forum! 1997 SKS = SWEEET! If I had the deep powder here ijn my area I'd definitely buy one. I love those things. I don't know if it's a good deal or not because you forgot to put the price and condition. Include these things and perhaps we can help more. P.S. don't forget the track when checking condition. Mark Goodluck

·
Registered
50 Posts
well, I haved a 2000 SKS 700, only 370 miles on it. I paid $6600 (cdn) for it. I like the sled, and the 136" 1 1/4" track is nice.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
4900 miles is kinda gettin up there, ask about rebuilds and maintenance issues from who u are buying it from

·
Registered
975 Posts
Tempsho..........Manitoba Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was gonna say if you ever want to sell that, let me know but you're kinda faw away. Sweet sled

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by mrpolaris18
[br][8D]Hey Scout and welcome to the forum! 1997 SKS = SWEEET! If I had the deep powder here ijn my area I'd definitely buy one. I love those things. I don't know if it's a good deal or not because you forgot to put the price and condition. Include these things and perhaps we can help more. P.S. don't forget the track when checking condition. Mark Goodluck
Here are a few more details. It was quoted for around $3000 canadian, has a newish track, has reverse, electric start, and was compression tested. Thanks

·
Registered
975 Posts
I myself..........................I'd jump on it!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
3000 CAD is 1900 USD... Not to bad of a deal at all. Just take good care of it... And check it out thoroughly before you buy it.

-Dean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts