Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a compression check on all 3 cylinders and all seemed low but all were right around 105. It had new Pistons and rings done by the previous owner he said it had about 6 hours on it since it was done. It starts after 2 or 3 pulls takes some time warming up but once it does runs and sounds great. I did it when it was cold pulled all 3 plugs gave it 4 or 5 pulls with full throttle and all registered almost the same. The compression check was a cheap one I bought at Harbor Freight ( not sure if that makes a difference) anyway please give me your thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I purchased a compression tester at Harbor Frt also. I had low compression readings also. Used one from one of my buddies and it was around 25lbs higher.

JJ

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I would trust the engine before I trusted a harbor freight gauge.

the fact that all 3 are the same is a good sign.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks. First sled in 20 years others Dad purchased. The guy I purchased it from has been cool answering any questions or concerns from day one. Not that I paid a lot for it but love to ride and want to enjoy without being concerned or working in my sled all the time. Going to borrow a buddies gauge that races cars for a hobbie and pray for snow so I can enjoy!!!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
As said above try a different gauge!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts