Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to find out big of lug I can run on my 1997 Polaris Ultra Sp. Its the old wedge body style with a extra-10 skid. I am looking to a track just for deep snow so I would like to get an agressive track for it. Would a 2" clear?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
haha no not a chance. 1.25" at most.
All you have to do is measure how much clearance you have between the track and the front heat exchanger. That is your limiting factor. The clearance between the track and the bottom of inside the tunnel is another factor, but clearance can be increased by dropping the suspension mounts a little.
If you want to do powder riding, you're going to need more than a 121" track. Get a sled that is made for that style riding, at the very least an SKS, or better yet an RMK

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I might have to go with a 1.25" then. I have trackusa's 121-144 rail extensions for it. And im gearing it down to help pull the weight of the larger track.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That 1.25" will be total hight so if your running pick's thats how high they can be.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
haha no not a chance. 1.25" at most.
All you have to do is measure how much clearance you have between the track and the front heat exchanger. That is your limiting factor. [highlight=yellow]The clearance between the track and the bottom of inside the tunnel is another factor, [/highlight=yellow]but clearance can be increased by dropping the suspension mounts a little.
If you want to do powder riding, you're going to need more than a 121" track. Get a sled that is made for that style riding, at the very least an SKS, or better yet an RMK
The highlighted area IS the factor. I can only get a 1.25 in mine, and it's just like Garret stated riding style.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Take the tunnel protectors off and you can fit a 1.5" no problem,put one on my brothers 97 Ultra SP last year with no rubbing what so ever. It hooks up like a animal now!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
RMK-KING said:
Take the tunnel protectors off and you can fit a 1.5" no problem,put one on my brothers 97 Ultra SP last year with no rubbing what so ever. It hooks up like a animal now!
^^ True that^^, I guess I should have also stated that I have an M-10, so I'm mounted up a bit with the skid.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If you want to powder ride, you could ho to an 8 tooth driver from the stock 9.

It would have the dual effect of gearing down, and offering more clearance.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about small tooth drivers.
If you're really ambitious you could drop and roll the chaincase.
RMK-King, I'm surprised that big of lugs can fit, I thought for sure the front heat exchanger clearance was less than that

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about small tooth drivers.
If you're really ambitious you could drop and roll the chaincase.
RMK-King, I'm surprised that big of lugs can fit, I thought for sure the front heat exchanger clearance was less than that
Curiosity was killing me. I just went out and checked mine out. With the 1.25 track, stock driver (9), I still have 1 inch to the bulk cooler.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Do Ultras have a front exchanger or a rear mounted like my Storm and RXL? And are you going to pick the track or just run it naked?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
BrianLee said:
Do Ultras have a front exchanger or a rear mounted like my Storm and RXL? And are you going to pick the track or just run it naked?
Mine has a rear and running board cooler (no bulk head cooler), but as a reference I said bulk head. Just remember Brian that with a 1.25 track there is still about an inch (that would be the length of yours and the width of mine[Imaposer])

·
Registered
454 Posts
You are such a a$$ sir, dont hate cause my wrinkle grow out and yours dont!!!!hahahhahah Gettn rid of excess shit this weekend and next weekend and then its time to put the pink pig(Storm) back together and start on the blue bitch. Then when it snows i will be up to the beloved North Land!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
BrianLee said:
You are such a a$$ sir, dont hate cause my wrinkle grow out and yours dont!!!!hahahhahah Gettn rid of excess shit this weekend and next weekend and then its time to put the pink pig(Storm) back together and start on the blue bitch. [highlight=yellow]Then when it snows i will be up to the beloved North Land!!![/highlight=yellow]
Waiting for ya. I got a class so I got to go. lets take the BS into PMs.
Later Willie[thumb]

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I actually have a 1.5 lug on my 95 XCR 600 to with the factory 8 inch susp,just had to remove the tunnel protectors as well. That one doesnt have any room to spare though,fits just perfect with no rubbing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts