Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I Have some questions regarding this sled. Will post some pics later on the whole process of rebuilding this sled.

1. What jets are used in this sled.

2. Any clutch setups?

3. Gearing, both stock and what works with the clutching.

4. Does the clutch have narrow or wide rollers and how does one find out, other than dealer, any measurements?

5. Type of clutches?

6. One or two piece clutch puller, the one piece i think is more money, is their an advantage to one over the other.

thanks p

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Restore and sell it. I've had two of those sleds and wasn't impressed with either one

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean not impressed. I have a nytro as my main ride. I bought this for the wife or as a backup. I have had three SD 440 x sled. I know this sled will be slower. It is a unique sled with the remote adjust rear susp. Plus it has the red hood and looks good.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
With the red hood, it is the 97/98 XCR, not the '97 XC. completely different sleds.

The two I've had were 1997 XC's, the only thing I liked about them was the on-the-fly adjustable remote resevoir for the front track shock. But they run like crap. Very finnicky to jetting and temperature.

A great sled for the wife would be an Indy 500. Extremely reliable, will never let you down because the temp isn't perfect.

here are the two I've had
2010724152830108_23360.jpg 2010621191358453_23360.jpg

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the previous owner liked the look of the 97/98 xcr so he installed a red hood with the 97 xc decals. I had a compensator on my 03 mxzx 440 and it made it run spot on. Guess I will have to do it on this sled too.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yeah, if you use ATACC you should be just fine.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
1. What jets are used in this sled.
240 mains are stock[/color=blue]
2. Any clutch setups?
clutched pretty well from factory, engagement at 4500 RPM[/color=blue]
3. Gearing, both stock and what works with the clutching.
gearing should also be pretty good in stock ratio[/color=blue]
4. Does the clutch have narrow or wide rollers and how does one find out, other than dealer, any measurements?
narrow rollers. only big CC sleds had wide rollers[/color=blue]
5. Type of clutches?
P85[/color=blue]
6. One or two piece clutch puller, the one piece i think is more money, is their an advantage to one over the other.
Doesn't really matter. My dad made his own two piece puller by welding two bolts together and using a ~3" rod to fill the gap between the threads and the end of the crankshaft. It works much better than the one piece puller we bought. Just remember not to use an air-powered impact on it.[/color=blue]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts