Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just re did the jack shaft bearings and put a 3 in riser on the sled. I also chained the chain case oil in the chain case. I go to test it out today and there are light lights! No tail light. No head light, No dash light! What is going on. The motor starts but no lights! Please help!

·
Registered
144 Posts
i just did that n my 1998 zr 600. i put handguards on it and pinched the wires. when i wiggled everything like the brake handle after it was loostened and the assembly that the dimmer switch and handwarmer switch is on, they come on and off. try that. could be with your riser pinching and shorting out even those wires and it all goes out. i had that too. no tail or headlight but guage lights were very dim.

·
Registered
144 Posts
well ya. if you put a riser on there it has to do with that. no wires pinched shorting out anywhere? try starting it and wiggle everything and move stuff. on my sled when the assembly that holds the warmer switch and the dimmer button, if the brake assembly is pushed up to tight against that they go out. not sure why. try that stuff.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the thing is before i started to fix the jack shaft bearings and put the risers on it was working perfect. So i am thinking its gotta be a unplugged wire or a pinched wire. I am going to tear it all apart today and see what i can find. I tryed reading the ohms but i do not know what setting to put the ohm reader on all i know is i tryed it and the meter was defiantly reading something

·
Registered
144 Posts
ohms is the omega sign. hopefully you have an auto ranging one then it will be very easy for you. if not do it it on a mid to small level and it should show you what is going on.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i figured what happened, The risers i put on it were pinching the wires that go into the handel bars and now i fixed that but i think there is a short now. Because when i turn on my hand warmers my lights go off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts