Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I finaly got the ZR440 up and running. I rebuilt the motor from the ground up. And adjusted it more for trail riding then racing. I will get to take it up to the mountain tomorrow. I was told to run 100:1 in the fuel for the first tank. But how should I drive it for the first tank? I am wondering what should I expect from the machine? Will I be able to keep up with the guys running 600's? Or did I ruin that buy adjusting the carbs for more trail riding then racing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well first if your going up the mountain did you jet for alt? And no the 440 wont really run with 600's for very long. And how did you adjust your carbs for trail riding instead of racing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer recommended jetting it down a little and adjusted it for the alt. of 5000 feet. (I live in Central Oregon and we run around at 4-5000 feet.) So, it would run a little lean. I ran it today and was not really impressed with its performance. But I really did not run it hard because I was breaking in the new motor. Once the new motor is broken in will it run any better? Or by jetting it down is it really going to affect the performance? I really like the way it handles in the snow. Also, will an older belt on it really affect the performance too? If any one can help me out that would be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts