Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone owns or has owned a 1997 ZR 580. I'm thinking about buying one and the owner is asking $2,900 canadian. It has 2600 miles, the clutch has 800 miles on it and he put new sliders n it last year. He said the previous owner banged up the hood a bit, but thers no real serius cracks or anything, but I'm just a rookie when it comes to buying snowmobiles. So if anybody has any information on this sled i'd like to hear your thought on the machine.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
That is a really nice sled, for the money you can't go wrong. The ol 580 has good pull on the bottom end. It will be a great sled to learn on. Plenty fast and good handling characteristics.

·
Registered
892 Posts
That is the sled I own, it has been good to me. I have mine studded with 96 studs and it takes off pretty well. The biggest problem I have had is the water pump mechanical seal went out last year.

I have about 3800 miles on mine. Last winter on Lake Gogebec (spelling) I was in the mid to high 90's with it. My friend owns a 2000 ZR500 which is about the same hp and I overtook him pretty easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts