Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a indy 500 with the xtra 10 suspension and i have to change my hyfax (sliders as they call them) can i just pull them out through the window opening in the track or do i have to drop the suspension for this ?

Thanks

·
Registered
725 Posts
Usually you can pull them through the windows on the track. Personally, I usually drop the rear skid, I do it once a year and its a good time to polish the shafts, and give it a general inspection.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yes you can puul them out through the window.
If they have been on there awhile they can be a pain. Sometimes you can get them through the windows with a hammer and screwdriver and then pull them out the rest of the way with a channel lock pliers or vise grips. Otherwise, you'll have to pound them all the way out.
Grease or anti-seize put on the new ones will help in getting them off easier the next time.
Be careful putting the new ones on, they have to be lined up perfectly or the plastic will peel and you won't get them on. Best to install with 2 people.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Yes you can, I do it that way all the time.

You need to be patient when installing them. Once it is on a good 4-6" it is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts