Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine told me about a 98 polaris indy 500 with reverse and like 3000 miles on it for about 3000$ candadian and the guy who owns it is about 60 and he had it since new so he probably went easy on it. whould this be a good deal?

Jason Everill

[red] Moved to "General" by Polaris-Man[/red]

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I don't really think this topic belongs in The Shop. Should be in General.

Anyway I think that's an alright deal, low miles with reverse, and if an old guy had it it is probably in good condition. I'd go take a look at it, if it was in good shape, I'd say it's a fairly good deal.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I agree P-man.. gotta take a look at it first and if its in good condition then yeah its a good deal

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
134 Posts
what they said if its in good condition its not a bad deal...but dont under estimate a 60 year old they could ride like blair morgan if they wanted too...maybe thats pushin it but still....i would offer him like 2700 u can always go up

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
No, I highly doubt that a 60 year old could ride anything close to what a sno x racer does. If you know of any person that old who can ride like that, I sure want to meet him.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sorry about continuing off topic here, but I've met retirees on the trails that would kick your ass! We asked one guy up north for directions, he was going to show us the way and we had a hard time keeping up with him; no kidding! VERY aggressive rider, and I don't consider us slouches (had no kids with us at the time).

Another time my partner was with the cops who were doing radar checks on the trails, and they stopped two guys in their 70's for going over 100mph.

I guess when you have all that free time to hone your skills...

Jacqui.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fer the suggestions ppl. and also up here in cape breton there are alot of older people (50-60's) who run hard all day long.

Jason Everill

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Riding a trail aggressively is not nearly as taxing as riding like blair morgan or any other sno-cross racer. That is my point. There was an 80 some year old rippin up the river last year on an XLT, he was going really fast and stuff, but he wasn't jumping and doing that kind of riding.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me, as long as the sled had no damage, rips, cracks etc... $3000 Canadian is like $2000 American! I'd pay $2000 all day for a 98 500 in great shape! Heck, I bought a 98 500 Classic for my wife last year with 3000 miles for $2800 from a 60+ year old guy. This thing is mint! Just make sure the normal maintenance was done or you'll be dumping some money in it to make it right. Good luck.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
134 Posts
i was just using morgan and an old man as kind of an analogy but there are still older people out there who ride aggressive...$3g for that sled isnt bad at all

Duct tape the only real solution

1 - 10 of 10 Posts