Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have had this 98 rmk for about 8 years with no issues this season was another story, went on a 8 day trip she ran like a top the first 4 days then the 5th it sputterd out like a random rpm rev limiter, clean and recut my boots and wires blasted out cabs, drained tank refilled with 4 gallons of race fuel and 3 non ethnol, cleaned out my airbox checked all wires for cuts and scrapes, found nothing. after all of that took it out today it ran like a top but seemed to be lacking top end power kinda limited out at 65mph it also was idling low it seems like it use to idle around 1900 it was at 600rpm i have not toutched any of the idle screws or knobs, i did notice my choke lever is cracked today so i pan to replace it, i have never really toutched the clutches other then wiping them down with rubbing alchol before each season. any ideas on where to start from here?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so took the sled to the shop 2hrs away where i go riding, few weeks later they fixed it, turns out my throttle safty switches had gotten wet and corroded causing it to cut out and sputter at random points, havent picked her up yet but plan to go in a few days its snowing there now so lets hope i can ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts