Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was riding around with some buddies on my indy 500, when, after like 5 hours of riding, it randomly began to backfire at low speeds. It will bog and backfire when trying to take off but once you get going a little faster, it will stop backfiring but it seems like it is still holding back from going its full speed. It sound like it is running out of gas when you are trying to go fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sounds like your carbs, probably a dirty jet, this same thing happened to my 98 xc 600 before It burnt down one of the cylinders and I had to rebuild it, should have payed attention the signs, sounds like its running to lean..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would totally go threw the carbs and clean them thoroughly, than give it a test run to see if that took care of the problem. you can also check your plugs, if one is white I would check that carb right away..

·
Registered
9 Posts
the same thing that happened to me, the plug that is dry is running to lean, that's why it was back firing, tare that carb apart clean thoroughly,check the seals and boots for any leaks and you should check and clean the other carb to, just because your already there. also you might be smart to get a new fuel filter...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts