Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/font=Tahoma][black][/black]Yes i got a 1998 Polaris Indy 500 and i took it out last weekend to my uncles house. We put a new throttle on it and i went out to ride it and i would hit the throttle and it would somewhat die so i put the throttle all the way down and it came out of it and then when i let off a little bit i would die again. Can anyone help me on what the problem is?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Ever clean the carbs????? Check the belt???? How wide is it???? How old is the fuel????? Throttle safety switch taking a crap????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/font=Tahoma]Yeah i cleaned the carbs while i was down there and my dad and i bought a brand new belt from Polaris. We also put new fuel in.. put Isapopal in and seafoam.. and the throttle safety switch is fine.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You could try replacing the needle and seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also when i drove it back in the shop i took the spark plugs out and the brand new spart plug was black..[/font=Tahoma]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like you have a choke open-dumping fuel in one cylinder. Make sure they have both have seated down on the rubber seal of the plunger and the plunger slides up and down good. You probably will have to take the carbs off and clean where the cable/plunger is screwed on the carbs. There is most likely some green looking crap down inside there.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
[attachment=51463]

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
My Polaris Master Repair Manual....Best book a guy could buy....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i might have to get one then.

thank you for your help.. and this upcoming weekend i will see if its the the choke and clean out the carborator better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts