Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have been looking around and have come up with this so far.

2007 f1000

999cc twin single exhaust
claimed hp:162
claimed dry weight:518
this sled holds 12.2 gallons of gass and aprox .5 gallons of oil and .25 gallon of coolant (water)
track size:15x128x1
power to weight ratio based on dry weight:3.19
wet weight approx:597.845 lbs
power to weight ratio based on wet weight:3.69 approx

1998 t-cat 1000

999cc triple triple exhaust
claimed hp: 172
claimed weight:585
not sure on how much fuel or oil but i guess about the avarage 10 gallons and .5 gallons and say .25 gallon of coolant (water)
track size 15x121x.750 pretty sure
power to weight based on dry weight:3.40
wet weight approx:651 lbs
power to weight based on wet weight:3.79 approx.

1 gallon of gas weighs:6.1 lbs
1 gallon of oil weighs:7.7 lbs
and 1 gallon of water for coolant weighs:8.3 lbs

2007 f1000 liquid weight
gas:74.42 lbs
oil:3.35 lbs
coolant:2.0757 lbs

total: 79.845 lbs + 518 = 597.845 lbs

1998 t-cat liquid weights
gas:61 lbs
oil:3.35 lbs
coolant:2.075 lbs

total: 66.425 lbs + 585 lbs= 651 lbs

soo i say the f1000 may get the t-cat of the line, but the t-cat will hold on and later pass the f1000 in the 600-800 ft area.

i was bored so i just started looking up some specs, seeing that alot of people here are argueing between the two. let me know if i missed something its late i am very tired so i might have done something wrong.

also let me know which sled will do best where.

thanks nik

·
Registered
349 Posts
You have to account for the newer technology in other areas besides the engine and weigh as well. I am not real familiar with the suspensions and drive train on the two machines, but if I had to guess, the newer sled is probably a little more efficient at transferring the power to the ground.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes these asre just minor opinions i know i have to factor the clutching, gears, track size, fiction from the skid now and then and others but this is the mototr and weight, what do you think? based on what i have so far.

i will be looking into this sled more and more as the snow comes, hopefully soon and i will update this when i figure the rest. i know people that have 1998 t-cats and hopefully we can meet a 07 f1000 this winter sometime

·
Registered
135 Posts
F1000 off the line, T-cat down the line (on a longer run.) Usually the case with triple vs. twin. Both yank your arms off.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
nothing cat beat the f cat. it is new and we know old sleds are slow.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]nothing cat beat the f cat. it is new and we know old sleds are slow.
You need to remember that the T-cat is one of the fastest, if not the fastest massproduced sleds, it isn't just going tto lie down and die.

Likke above the twin has the line but the triple is going to pass it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Originally posted by driftpounder
[br]
You need to remember that the T-cat is one of the fastest, if not the fastest massproduced sleds, it isn't just going tto lie down and die.

Likke above the twin has the line but the triple is going to pass it.
I think you missed the point... that he was being sarcastic....[:D]

·
Registered
871 Posts
The older sled with the "outdated" suspension actually has an advantage for top end spend with less drag and a flatter power transfer. My Gen2 chassis 600 xcsp eats up the new polaris 600 for top end becasue it only has 10 inches of rear travel

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Ive decided to sit this one out after talking to Arctic Cat guru Bruce at route 12 Arctic Cat. This guy knows his stuff!!!! He tells me a 1000cc's is a 1000cc's and the better tuner,with the better set up will be the one to win! Lets Wait and see what really happens when the snow finnally starts flyin!!!!
Good job lookin up all ths info!! This will be great to use for comparison after we see the fastest sled and why its the sled!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Achotrod
[br]Ive decided to sit this one out after talking to Arctic Cat guru Bruce at route 12 Arctic Cat. This guy knows his stuff!!!! He tells me a 1000cc's is a 1000cc's and the better tuner,with the better set up will be the one to win! Lets Wait and see what really happens when the snow finnally starts flyin!!!!
Good job lookin up all ths info!! This will be great to use for comparison after we see the fastest sled and why its the sled!
thanks it took awhile and i still couldn't find all the info i need. but any way i will try to get my buddy with a 1998 tcat to come with us all the time this winter, he normally does, and maybe we can meet up with the f1000 on the lake. i always carry a radar gun so i can get the speed to at 500, 1000, 1320 so i can update this.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
madcow didnt want to go down that road again?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Thats sweet i wish i had a radar gun! Yes i am very interested to see the final out come of this topic! Any additional info anyone can find like stock gearing & track size etc. are the sleds being raced studded or not, stock gearing, clutch kits, Jetting, Because it will be really tough to find 2 bone stock sleds to race!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i might know a guy that hasd a f1000 i haven't talked to him since jully and he said he was purchasing a f1000, but was kinda low on funds. so he might have it and my buddy has a bone stock sled, no studs just for this year, next year it will have heads done, pipes (if he can find some), clutched, geared, carbs worked over, and a .750 track with 192 1.250 studs. so hopefully we can get out and find a stock f1000 this year. and i know the track size on the f1000 was a 15x128x1" so i know this machine has more sq. inchs of track on the ground than the 98 tcat. so i think the f1000 will have a better holehot, but i will try to find out more info, as for gears, clutching. so more to come hopefully

i know that madcow didn't want to join, i seen the other f1000 topic in th arctic cat section, lol.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I was thinking the t-cat would be the hard stock sled too find since the F1000 is so new there will probably be more than a few stockers out there! If F1000 is a sno pro it will have a taller lug track!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Gotta love sarcasm

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Ive decided to sit this one out after talking to Arctic Cat guru Bruce at route 12 Arctic Cat. This guy knows his stuff!!!! He tells me a 1000cc's is a 1000cc's and the better tuner,with the better set up will be the one to win! Lets Wait and see what really happens when the snow finnally starts flyin!!!!

um? call me stupid but if this guy knows so much why would he call a 1000cc's a 1000cc's? hasnt he ever looked at the motor companies to see what the hp difference is between the two and three cylinders? has he been to a speed run or looked at the rules? they give the twin sleds a wieght advantage since they make less hp. kind of like bracket racing. you give the car with less hp a head start so they both cross at almost the same time. then it becomes a tuner shoot out and not so much a car shoot out.

I am not going to debate this one. plain and simple. on a long pull or for speed the t cat is the sled. the world records prove it. for a trail sled the new f series is better stock between them. now for the money you would spend on a new f series you could put the new air ride m-10 under a t cat or majorily upgrade the shocks. you could also put on a very nice new track that might get traction, and you could get some majore hp out of it. you could also put a lot of light weight parts on it. so by the time you have spent the same amount of money the t cat would wiegh the same or be lighter as the stock f cat. but have a huge pile of hp and equal or better traction and ride.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Madcow, you're finally starting to make sense. You don't have to come off so "mad" though. Both sleds sound like fun, just depends what you are looking for!

Can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
route 12 rental race sleds are some of the fastest t-cats around and run in open fuel unlimited! His kids race sno-x, He races water-x, used to drag ice and grass,now he just builds the sleds, Has riddin with some of the best riders in the world! A.C. sends him out west to test the new sleds each year! Im not sayin hes wrong im not saying hes right but i know he definitley knows more than most about Cats. What i think is the same as you madcow if youve read my other posts on the subject! But they are very new sleds and have not had the time out in the field to know truley wich is the fastest sled! So with that being said!! That is his opinion on the question Not mine!!! Like i said after talking to him lets sit back and see what really happens when the sno flys and people work out their set up, wich t-cat owners have had years to figure out and see whos the fastest!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You have 10 more h.p. to work with, there would be no contest. T-Cat, hands down.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts