Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 98' vmax, runs great on the groomed trail, but bogs from time to time in deep snow. Carbs were cleaned a week ago, I went to check the plugs and got a shock off the one plug wire. Could this be the problem, could it be getting wet in the deep snow?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
could be hitting the motor and shorting out if it comes close enough. start it up and take whichever wire that shocked you and put it against your motor around were you got shocked and see if the spark arcs to the motor and if it does then buy a new plug wire or just buy 2 new ones to make sure this wont happen later.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Originally posted by yamyrider
[br]if it only does it in deep snow then you need a a snow deflector where the exhausts exits under the machine
exactly

·
Registered
841 Posts
How do you check the plugs and get a shock??[?]
Unless it's running or you're pulling the engine over and holding one of the plug wires.
Besides the deflector, the secondary's spring may be set too low.
What's the spring tension setting at.? 50, 60, 70, etc? The helix and the sheave both have #'s. Add the two to get your twist (eg. 1 + 6 = 70).
If it's too low, the engine won't be able to pull it under heavier loads, like when you jump into the deep stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was checking the cap, making sure it had a good connection on the plug. The motor was running and I got the shock. Pardon me, I wasn't checking the plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts