Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to start my sled on Saturday, and I couldn't get it to turn over. My 98XC600 is "Coldblooded", so I knew it was going to take a few pulls. After awhile I started to get concerned. I checked many things before pulling the plugs and checking the spark. The port side plug was not firing, so I switched the plug, and still no spark. The CDI is pretty new. Could anything else cause this or do I need to buy another CDI?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Could be the wire end cap- I've had them go bad before. When you take the old one off trim the wire back just a little before screwing in the new one. I would try that first- its a $2.50 part.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
bluevoyageur said:
I think that's a Fuji twin that takes the same CDI as all the others. I have one for $40 shipped.
Its a liberty engine and that motor has a ducati coil. They go for well over $100 used.

Since you have spark on one side your coil is good. Prob a plugwire. There is a little srew inside the plug boot and another in the coil that the wire threads onto and holds the wire in place, its also the conductor. Unthread the boot from the wire and cut about 1/2 in off the wire and thread the boot back on. If that dosnt work then do the same thing on the coil end of the wire. Should do the trick. Bad/old caoonections can cause you to loose spark.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys! I'll trim and get back to ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts