Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1998 xc 700 suspension upgrade.

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Luke 
#1 ·
Im looking to swap in a different suspension set up. I want the absolute most travel i can get, yet reliable. I know i will have to drill holes and all but WHAT SKID!?. M10? Edge? Pro x? Rmk? I should say i also want a 136" preferably, along with the longer travel! Thanks for any help!!

#3 ·
I agree about the edge skid and rail extensions. I wish I had done that with mine instead of a pro-x rear skid.

#4 ·
Thank you. And are most edge suspensions similiar? Or what one would be most beneficial to me. Thats what i am looking for something i can.ride hard without worrying. Also what track would u go with for a mixture of.trail riding and some deeper powder? Studs or no studs? And lastly will the edge suspension need new holes drilled in tunnel. THANK YOU for the help!!

#7 ·
http://www.jbshocks.com/edgemount.JPG

Use these measurements to mount an edge skid in your sled. The differences will be in the shock packages that they came with (which I don't know much about), and the overall condition of the skid you are able to get your hands on. Shocks can always be re-valved to make them stiffer of softer. But all 121" edge skids will use the same mounting hole locations.

I would go with a 1.25" studded track, if your mostly on groomed trails, and sometimes off trail. If you're mostly off trail and sometimes on trail I would go with a 1.5" un-studded track. But these are just my own preferences.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.