Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 1998 XC600 Big Block motor came with a compression reduction bypass grove in the cylinder walls? I just purchased this sled with only 1,680 miles on it and it seems pretty easy to pull over. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have never heard that it did.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I believe the only sleds with the compression release were the 800 Liberty twin engines from i think 2001 and newer?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
no, i don't think so. My father has a 98 xc600. Doesn't pull over much harder than my 440 tho.

-Dean

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I agree TOU, I believe it is only available on the liberty 700 and 800's...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your help and knowledge. This sled is new to me and I really didn't know what to expect about how hard it should pull over.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
It wont pull over like melted butter thats for sure. The difference between pulling my Old 500 or XLT and the new 600 XCsp is night and day. My xlt is a one hand pull sitting down. My new sled is two hands standing up...

·
Registered
840 Posts
I didnt know about it until last year - yes, the '98 600XC did have a decompression hole and do not know why the 600 had it and not the 700?! WL.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's weird, my 88 exciter 570 has them. Doesn't need it at all. you can pull it with one hand sitting. Aren't they made to make it easier to start?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts