Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to pick up a red rocket for 700 bucks. It has C&A skis, good track, runs good, clicker shocks, seat has no tears, and is ready to ride. Is it a good price??

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yeah I'd say that's a real nice price! be sure to look it over good! check the front torque arm for cracks. check front suspension components and tunnel for tweaks/bends. Those knee-pad styled seats are hard to find with no tears, so It seems like the owner has taken pretty good care of it!

Check the compression. Also check the temperature of the y-pipe, people often run the sleds before someone comes to look at it so then it gives the prospective buyer the impression it's a one-pull starter. good luck, let us know if you get it!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yea we know what to look over when it comes to buying sleds. Weve only had like 20 sleds this year. We will check compression also. If it all checks out ill probably bring it home. Are these sleds any good? Ive heard they are very finicky. It also has a white hood instead of the red one, but o well.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Sounds good to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts