Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad just picked on of these up a few weeks ago, and i was wondering if there a good sled? is there any problems that i should look into? whats the horsepower? when should the motor be rebuilt

·
Registered
175 Posts
From what I have read on here they are considered Frankenstein by a few members Here. Because of there weight and hard to tune. Polaris built these sleds out of the parts left over from the Ultra and XCR 700's but with a 600 cylinders.

Here is some details on the sled

http://www.geocities.com/schmidt92/polaris_faq.html

But from what I understand the 98's are the best of the bunch (XCR 600's).

I own a 97 With 1400 miles but I just bought it this fall a put about 1 mile on it in the yard. Beacuse of No Snow.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Call HTG and ask for thier clutch kit. These do have a bog at 5200-5500. Do some searching here for other tips.
This my busddies 98 that rolled 10,000 last spring. Motor had never been apart, and he drives the $#%[email protected] out if it. [attachment=52222]

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
bullet proof sled but they have a hard time keeping enough heat in the pipe to make peak power since the pipes are inteneded for an 800. big bore is the best thing for hte sled but expensive. Other than that there is a mod to change the stinger ID, that with clutching and jetting really peps it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts