Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1998 xcr 700 its smokes a lil bit and when i stop after riding and go again it boggs a lil bit till it clears out any ideas the oil seem to go very fast could the oil to fuel ratio cause the smoke?

· Registered
155 Posts
kowalskie1971 said:
i have a 1998 xcr 700 its smokes a lil bit and when i stop after riding and go again it boggs a lil bit till it clears out any ideas the oil seem to go very fast could the oil to fuel ratio cause the smoke?
Its running rich, back your air screws in your carbs out a little.

· Registered
10 Posts
sTOrMy96 said:
no its not normal try a different oil pump. just make shure the oil lines are blead.
You realize thats a $190 part right? You don't just replace a working oil pump you can adjust it, which I did not recommend because if it is not done correctly the outcome is catastrophic and if he's asking these questions he's obviously not qualified to do so (no offense kowal). Assuming he has stock jetting he could try leaning the main a step or two dropping the needle one and backing out the air screws a bit; but these machines are jetting pig rich from the factory especially in warmer weather. Doesn't mean anythings "Wrong" with his sled which is what I stated.

· Registered
1,791 Posts
^well I will have to disagree on your recomendations, my sled right out of the box was "pig rich" also, so bad that after my first tank of gas I needed to add oil and open up the air box it had a 1/4-1/2" of standing oil...read the owners manual (slow if you have to) and turn the pump down...then rejet from there. Otherwise if you just keep the oil pump where its at (probly turned a little to high) then you will be going through a lot of unused oil. You should get two tanks of gas to your "oil add line".

Everyone has to learn and start from somewhere. Your right that you want to be careful on this cause to lean then you will have problems, but no one on here should judge anyones capabilities on what they can and cant do in the shop. Good luck and ask all the questions you have, what ever you can do yourself to provent from having to run to the dealer and pay 75+/hour makes the sport that much more fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.