Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the throttle cutout last year so i know that's not the problem. It acts like it is not getting enough fuel. It will bogg like a cold carbed motor. It does it even when it's warmed up. Then all at once it will take off but then if I stop again it will just bogg again. I also put new plugs in it and pulled the electric fuel pump out and checked the screens on the bottom and they were fine also. Could the pupm be bad or an injector? It used to just do it when it was cold but now it does it all the time. Fuel injected shouldn't be that way should it?

·
Registered
482 Posts
hate to say it, but it could be a bad ECU. The only way to have it checked is the dealer, unless you know someone with a reader unit.

You're saying that you already fixed the throttle bog problem... which method did you use? cut wire, unplug kill switch, or unplug connectors from throttle bodies?

I had one of these sleds, but I dont remember if it had a fuel filter, or where it was. A clogged fuel filter could cause hesitation on acceleration, and so could a bad fuel pump.

what do the plugs look like? wet/dry? normal?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i remember right we took the throttle lever apart. It was cutting out and we found that it was that throttle cutout thing. Anyway we fixed that and it ran great all year but this year it acts alot differant than it did then. The plugs look like a nice tan color. If you didn't know any better you would think it is a carbed engine only thing a carbed engine will run fine after it's warmed up. It will idle fine but it's just when you try to take off. either like it's running out of gas or it's dropping spark on one cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts