Snowmobile Fanatics banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and new to snowmobiling. I have a 1996 indy 500 liquid cooled and a 1999 xc 500. Does anyone know where to get a pipe and/or can for the 99 xc or if one could be modified to fit. I just want it to be loud as f*ck. I saw one kid on youtube that put a xc 600 pipe on it with a 00 mbrp can on. Idk if that would make it lose power. MBRP makes one for a 00 Gen II, I'm not sure but isnt a 99 a gen II? Is the engine the same? Please help me out.

· Registered
8 Posts
bnice113 said:
yeah just around where I live. A lot of my friends own farms, so just through the apple orchards and through the trails.
go to MBRP.com and get the race style can, i have one on my 01 edge x 600, go to youtube type in stevieweller and look under my videos for snowmobiling 2010 and you can hear it, its pretty loud and pipes will hopefully make it louder

· Registered
3,214 Posts
buy some flex pipe from the auto parts store and hook it to the exhaust can. duct tape it to the side of the hood and run it up into your helmet....it will be REAL LOUD and soon there will be one less person trying to ruin our sport

· Registered
469 Posts
loud sleds are for stupid obnoxious teenagers how think their cool and fast but are really just robbing power. for loud i would just remove the pipe after the y pipe or drill holes in your muffler and put monster stickers on to make up for lost hp

· Registered
3,214 Posts
bnice113 said:
Yeah I'm a 27 year old police officer. Teenager my ass. I don't need your bullshit answers.
Then go away....and take your stupid ass childish questions with you Mr Wanna be policeman....No L.E.O. in their right mind would want to create a loud obnoxious vehicle just because it sounds cool...Your friends neighbors have ears you know

· Registered
1,133 Posts
[lurker]

· Registered
12 Posts
bnice113 said:
I'm new to this site and new to snowmobiling. I have a 1996 indy 500 liquid cooled and a 1999 xc 500. Does anyone know where to get a pipe and/or can for the 99 xc or if one could be modified to fit. I just want it to be loud as f*ck. I saw one kid on youtube that put a xc 600 pipe on it with a 00 mbrp can on. Idk if that would make it lose power. MBRP makes one for a 00 Gen II, I'm not sure but isnt a 99 a gen II? Is the engine the same? Please help me out.
I dont care what anyone thinks loud sleds are awsome it just adds to the fun when you can here the sled coming from 10 miles away!!! I just drilled my can out with a 2 inch bit from the bottom of the can up. its really loud now and no warden or cop can prove its not stock on the trails.

· Registered
15,705 Posts
sorry but if you are over DB level expect a fine.

dodger said:
buy some flex pipe from the auto parts store and hook it to the exhaust can. duct tape it to the side of the hood and run it up into your helmet....it will be REAL LOUD and soon there will be one less person trying to ruin our sport
[thumb][:)]

08mxzx600 said:
bnice113 said:
I dont care what anyone thinks loud sleds are awsome it just adds to the fun when you can here the sled coming from 10 miles away!!! I just drilled my can out with a 2 inch bit from the bottom of the can up. its really loud now and no warden or cop can prove its not stock on the trails.
and people wonder why we are loosing trail access[V]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.