Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Bought either a 99 or a 2000 sxr 500 today. i have heard nothing but good things about them. Besides one person told me about some crannk problems on the 99's. Now.... It says on the tunnel it was manufactured in 99 but the hood and body matches the 2000's. Also i am a polaris guy and do not know anything about yamahas so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also need a couple parts

Thanks [thumb]

I can post pics if that helps also

·
Registered
567 Posts
if it says 99 on the tunnel then its a 2000 model

·
Registered
567 Posts
just depends on the motor really idk much about the sxrmight wanna hit up srx 600 he knows his yamahas better than i do

·
Registered
369 Posts
You can also ask at totallyamaha.net As long as you are keeping the temperature down on the engine and making sure you are getting plenty of oil to the crank case by varying the throttle a lot you should be good to go. How many miles are on the sled?

·
Registered
368 Posts
i am unaware of any crank issues on the sxr, i think you may have gotten some bad info or the models mixed up. as for the year, post the first 3 digits of the vin # stamped on the tunnel. that is the only way to verify model and year. what parts do you need?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts