Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me how much hp im putting out with boost bottle all jetting, clutched, keihen carbs, custom needles, vforce reeds, twin slp pipes and can (its all a stage 3 performace kit) 99 xc 700

http://www.mcbperformance.com/xc700.html

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The only true way to find out what HP your motor is putting out is to have in run on a dyno, all too often most consumers drink the juice and believe the manufacturer's advertised HP ratings for the given bolt on parts, such as the SLP twin pipes, SLP claims a 16 HP gain, in reality the are most likely only getting around 12 with proper jetting for the given temperatures they are being run in,I am not bashing SLP or trying to say that they are misrepresenting their products by no means,I have used their twin pipes in the past and have been running their single pipe and can setup for a number of years with excellent results, the boost bottle gives nothing for HP gains, it is just a add on for aiding in the tuning of the keihin carbs that your sled is equipped with.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Its been my finding that most performance shops that offer dyno service charge around $150 for hooking up to their dyno and will do 3 pulls for that price, depending on the time line they give you can change jetting,pipes,and heads in between pulls to see what gains you may or may not get, IMHO dynoing is the only way you can really find out what the peak HP your motor is making and it will show you @ what RPM it peaks, otherwise its a guessing game, like I said in my previous post in this thread you cannot go by what the pipe makers or other bolt on manufactures tell you, they only tell you what you what they want you to believe so you buy their parts, its all part of the marketing game, but the truth is told on the dyno, and sometimes the results can be rather humbling for the money that was spent on parts that were claimed to add more that they really do.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
can anyone tell me how much hp im putting out with boost bottle all jetting, clutched, keihen carbs, custom needles, vforce reeds, twin slp pipes and can (its all a stage 3 performace kit) 99 xc 700

http://www.mcbperformance.com/xc700.html
I believe 117HP in stock form, so IMO, an estimated 125-130HP with your add on's should be a fair assumption

1 - 11 of 11 Posts