Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 1999 RMK 600 and i was wondering what are some worthwhile upgrades to do to it, i already have vforce reeds, dg exahust, and a k&N air filter with a prefilter. if you could post a link to the upgrade that would be apreciated.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Do you use it for mountain/deep powder riding? or flatlanding trails?
I definitely agree with clutching. Either get a kit, or do it for cheap by learning the clutching principles. Even just a stiffer primary spring can do wonders, with a higher engagement it really gives the sled lots of holeshot.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
those air pods are robbing your HP. And re-clutch it, re-gear it, high octane head, and keep it jetted properly. You will feel a difference.

but are you looking for bolt ons only or more in depth stuff?

·
Registered
269 Posts
exactly depends how far you want to go you could port and polish it, its good that u got the vforce reeds already woke my 600 up tons

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Do you use it for mountain/deep powder riding? or flatlanding trails?
I definitely agree with clutching. Either get a kit, or do it for cheap by learning the clutching principles. Even just a stiffer primary spring can do wonders, with a higher engagement it really gives the sled lots of holeshot.
i use the sled more for mountain riding and powder and i was looking in the direction of more in depth stuff and if you do have a good bolt on upgrade I'm always open to ideas. I have heard alot about re-clutching and stuff like that and i honestly dont know to much about it so if anyone has a good website that could inform me about this stuff

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Here is a good site with lots and lots of useful tech/tuning info for mostly Polaris sleds. It touches on cluthcing a little bit in the first section at the top of the page, "The Holeshot". Also has suspension tuning, and a gearing ratio chart.
I also suggest getting your hands on a copy of Olav Aaens Clutch Tuning Handbook. Read it twice. It's aimed more for drag racers, but that's okay because it gets very in-depth.
http://pages.cthome.net/barts/Tech%20Tips.htm#TPS

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Like mentioned, those k and n filters aren't doing you any good, put a stock airbox back on, especially for riding in the powder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts