Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 XCR 800. Just got the motor to run beautifully. The suspension sucks and I'm a big guy who doesn't enjoy bottoming out and who wants a comfier riding experience than what a 1999 sled can offer. I've read and heard that the skid from an edge can be used on my XCR with some modifications. I'm not a very great mechanic so I was looking for someone with tips on how to mount the edge skid. I also haven't been able to find an edge skid from 2003 - 2005 for sale so if anyone here would be willing to sell one that would be amazing. As always any tips are appreciated. I am also looking at the possibility of just swapping the 800 triple into a newer XCR (2001-2003) but finding a chassis only has not been easy and I am unsure which choice, engine swap out or skid swap in, would be the better choice for an easier build to get me a smoother ride. As always all discussion is welcome and appreciated, thank you anyone who can help me.

·
Super Moderator
11,294 Posts
Swapping the XCR 800 into a Edge chassis is a pretty common swap, best of both worlds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Many years ago there were a couple of conversion kits available for those less inclined to do the necessary mods. It’s not a drop in swap. As I recall an engine plate needs to be fabricated along with air box and exhaust brackets. some chassis strengthening is also required. Or that’s how I remember it…. B

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts