Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, how do the following sleds compare? The 99 XCR 400, the 01 XC440 the 00 XCR440 and the ProX fan. What sleds are the fastest, top end, mid, low end. What is all around the best sled. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
fastest will be the liquid sleds. Best suspension and feel will be the Pro X. It has the Edge race chasis. But it is by no means the most powerful.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Overall i personally think that the 2001 Pro X 440 would be the best because it is in the edge chassis and it has the liquid cooled engine.

Tree's don't make the greatest brakes...

Edited by - bigwilly on December 02 2001 4:12:57 PM

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
That wasn;t one of the options. Besides if the is the same as the 2001 it would make a real bad trail sled. The 2002 Pro X 440 requires 110 fuel and you have to mix it with oil. No oil injection my friend.

·
Registered
586 Posts
are you looking for a sled to race, or just trailride?Those XCR's are mean racing sleds, but the motors are kinda finicky for everyday trail riding.On the trail I'd go with the XC 440, or the Pro X fan.Is it my imagination, or are the XC 440's kinda rare.I know they made them, but I've still never seen one.

normal people are boring, mean people suck

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
ACK

Ok, some enlightenment here.

1999 had 2 XCR 440's. The one in a Gen II chassis and the first year of the Edge chassis. In 2000 there was the XC 440 SP, then in 2001 there was the Pro-X 440. In 2002 there is a revised Pro-X 440.

Now, none of these are trail sleds. yes, the Pro-X needs 110 fuel and you may have to mix with oil, but if you change the timing and shim your heads, you can use normal fuel, and mixing oil isn't a big deal at all.

Ok, the liquids are fastest. Period, the best all around sled would be the Pro-X 440 cuz.. IT'S NEWER.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think you all know this, but the Pro X fan has a large fuel tank, oil injection, and does NOT require 110 octane fuel like the liquid.
Hey, pman, do you have to premix for your xcr, or is it injected?

Beware of landowners wielding snowshovels!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Just to throw in my opinion, I too would take the Pro-X 440......just so much racing technology in that sled, tough to beat!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
My XCR is injected.

·
Registered
586 Posts
thought so

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
you people who break other people's sleds.

I'm just kidding

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's why I don't let my bro ride my toys, he's too good at breaking them!He ought to be a test rider for the factories , to show them where there machines will break.There isn't a machine in the world that he can't bend, crack, & sieze!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts