Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I stored my 2 sleds for the summer and I went out to uncover them and get them ready for the winter today and my 99 yamaha won't start. It was running fine when i put it away last year so I don't know why it isn't starting. I replaced both plugs and they are getting spark. It appears though that they aren't getting any fuel. I tapped the carbs to make sure the float weren't stuck. I took some gas and poured it in the cyliders and it started up for a second then stalled. What else can I do?? Thanks

Keith

·
Registered
671 Posts
might have to clean them carbs. or check ur fuel lines. it sounds like somthin is clogged. you could have a clogged jet or somthing.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I promise you that your carbs need a good, thorough cleaning. My Cougar did the same thing. And, when I say thorough, I mean carb cleaner, pipe cleaners, old toothbrush, and compressed air. Aftwerwards, she'll purr like a kitten...

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440
1995 Ski Doo Formula STX LT

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya, pull and clean your carbs, and make sure your fuel lines are attatched.

good luck with it man, that's a strong engine, I had a 99 500SX, loved that sled

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the sled has an electric start on it. It just cranks and cranks like it's getting no fuel what so ever. It doesn't sputter and die or anything unless i pour gas into the top of the cylinder. Do these things have electric fuel pumps or anything?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
No electronic fuel pump. A clogged jet in your carb or a clogged fuel line would be suspect here. Do like these guys have said, and clean your carbs and ALL jets really well. Also make sure to adjust your throttle and choke cables, and you should be all set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts