Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants a sled with EFI. she says the dual carb setup is just too hard on her thumb. So i'm throwing this out to see if there is any interest. 1999 arctic cat Z440. VERY good condition. when its cold it starts 1st or 2nd pull. when its 85 degrees out its a little harder. has 96 studs with 1 season on them. last owner put in studs to help it sell. has a homemade 1 inch bar riser. hand, thumb warmers work good. seat is in perfect condition. high milage. over 9000 miles. asking 1300 but i am open to offers. no pictures yet but can provide them on request.

anyone interested? Located in wisconsin 1 hour north of Milwaukee.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Just for your reference, I bought My 98 EXT 600 Triple one year ago in April, and payed $750 for it.
It had a fresh top end rebuild, and a brand new Comoplast 1 1/4" ripsaw on it, and about 3800 miles on the chassis.

$1300 for a 440 fanner with 9000 mile's is way steep, you might be able to get $700 out of it if you're real lucky.

Just My opinion.
Rick

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for some reason sleds in my area seem to go for higher than what is normal. posted today on craigslist is a 95 skidoo 670 for 1500 so i don't think my 99 is too far off normal around here.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I agree with Fetus33, that is a "little" too much. A fan cooled sled with 9000 miles is worth 600-700 on a good day. Good luck with that sale anyway!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My brother just sold an 02 Pro X 440 fanner with 7500 miles for 1300, and it didnt run right! Too bad that sled wasnt a 600 with lower miles, because then I would have been interested. Good luck sellin it! Hey, throw it on craigslist!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i put it on craigslist. the sled is in GREAT condition. if my wife didn't complain about her thumb hurting i would be keeping it. i had the same sled for 3 years and was quite sad when i sold it. i'm asking what i am and if i don't get it then i'll keep rubber banding her throttle to make it a little easier on her.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Is it really that hard? My xc is really easy, and so is our fusion. Our friend has a triple in a sled with rack style carbs and its easier than ANY twin ive ever throttle pushed. lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
her's is quite difficult. really don't know why. not sure if it's the dual carbs or if there is debris in the lines making them hard to pull. i dunno.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a thing that you can connect it to the throttle and it is a squeeze type mecanism. Sorry i dont know what it is called. You squeeze it with all your fingers instead ofjust using your thumb.

·
Registered
134 Posts
yea thats what im talking about...if you want to go full throttle you can just squeeze the thumb throttle too

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah sounds dangerous. hit a drift and panic and nail the throttle. this was my wife 1st sled and her 1st season. don't trust her enough not to kill herself yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts