Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the front/rear shocks and the track on the machine, I'm looking for ANY advice to make my life easier in the process. Any advice about the parts?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I also have a 1999 ZL, mine is a 500, and it's currently stock, but i have a ACT Piggyback Clicker shock, and a on-the-go adjustable front shock for the suspension which came from a cross-country sitting in my garage. I've heard it's a solid setup, one thing you want to defidently do, is if you get a certain brand of shock/clicker, try and stick with the same brand as much as possible i've heard. Just makes the adjustment easier and stuff.so even for the front shocks and stuff try and get the same brand, or one that is about the same. Ofcourse, as i said, mine aren't on the sled yet, but will be in a few weeks hopefully.

[attachment=53741] [attachment=53742]

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 600cc but the same color as yours. Thank you for the advice.
I'm going to have the front rebuilt, the rear I think I will replace with new. I was told the factory installed FOX shocks originally, I'm trying to find that out today.

Good luck with your project, let me know how they adjustable shocks work for you. Be safe.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well, hopefully you have some luck with that. I'm hoping to install these parts soon, i have a suspension out of a ZL 600 in my garage that is out of my dad's machine (he now has an M-10 in his) and i'm just gonna put the shocks in that, then take them upnorth and do a full suspension swap, will be easier and faster, since the suspensions are the same it should go right in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you get this project done? I have a 99 ZL600 also. I pulled my entire rear carraige out and slide in a ZR carriage. The only difference that I saw was the shocks and one of the seing arms hinged different. I thought it provided a better trail ride for me. The front is still stock. I was contemplating switching to clickers. Curious to your success. Obviously, the lack of snow in MI has not helped the chance to ride at all. This winter stinks!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you get this project done? I have a 99 ZL600 also. I pulled my entire rear carraige out and slide in a ZR carriage. The only difference that I saw was the shocks and one of the seing arms hinged different. I thought it provided a better trail ride for me. The front is still stock. I was contemplating switching to clickers. Curious to your success. Obviously, the lack of snow in MI has not helped the chance to ride at all. This winter stinks!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts