Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would i notice any diffrence switching from 2.0 to 3.0 in a ultra? Just looking at them they look the same other than the 2.0 is way lighter than the 3.0.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I thought the numbers meant how much curvature the rear of the slide has, the higher the number, the higher the curve, allowing more air through the carb and into the motor. I may be wrong on my interpretations though.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I would have to look in my high performance manual but I am pretty sure the higher the number the leaner the slide is, once I confirm this I will let you know.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ya it's the cut-away of the slide and as far as I remember you can't mess with them. What was in your sled must go back.

·
Registered
393 Posts
IndyRXL said:
Would i notice any diffrence switching from 2.0 to 3.0 in a ultra? Just looking at them they look the same other than the 2.0 is way lighter than the 3.0.
What was stock???The higher the number the leaner the mixture.It effects from about 1/8 to 1/4 throttle.I,d just run whatever is stock unless your having a problem.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Rainman56 said:
The higher the number the leaner the mixture.It effects from about 1/8 to 1/4 throttle.I,d just run whatever is stock unless your having a problem.
Correct.

If you are heavily modified, you could use different cuts to further fine tune the engine. If the motor is basically stock, leave it alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts