Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The name of this ride is Big Loop because we went from Berkshire NY to just 17 miles shy of Syracuse (Tully?) Huge ass loop. Trails were all good-great EXCEPT between Marathon and Berkshire.
I am not going to go thru the usual... takes too much time for little response.
EMTP579 and I left from my house in Berkshire on C2 and headed to dryden via hammond hill and such. We were headed for the VFW to eat lunch and meet up with Clayton and Brian (medic944? and bablond?)
Snow Snowmobile Winter Vehicle Winter sport

Snowmobile Snow Vehicle Winter Winter sport

Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Piste Mountain

Vehicle Snowmobile Snow Sled Fun

Snow Winter Freezing Tree Atmospheric phenomenon

Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Winter Winter sport

Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Winter Winter sport

Snow Winter Sky Freezing Vehicle

Snow Winter Nature Tree Natural environment

This rain/snow/ice mix crap that was hitting our shields was creating havoc!
Green Plant
Fictional character Bag Handbag Batman Fashion accessory

Trying to figure out where we are.. yep, still a long way from home.
Personal protective equipment Art Fictional character Costume
Footwear Night Extreme sport Space Vehicle

Personal protective equipment Night Darkness Games

As soon as we got to Marathon the trails turned to garbage with super low snow.
Winter Geological phenomenon Snow Night

My sled started having an overheating issue and was low on coolant so I started putting snow in it. It did not help and the next 10 miles was spent stopping every mile and covering the engine with snow to cool it down and turn my high temp light off.
Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Car

Ended up calling my woman to come pick up Dan while I waited at the broome tioga speedway about 6 miles from my house. Better safe than sorry. Dan got his trailer and came back to pick me and the sleds up.

I don't know if it has had a air bubble in it or what. No major sign of leakage. Just 1 cup filled it back up.. I knew that was BS so I used my winch to get it way up in the air (front) and then refilled.. took about 4--5 cups that time! So sounds like it had an air bubble in it this whole time. We will see.

Not that miles matter but I had 133 miles on the ticker when I returned.

· Super Moderator
11,386 Posts
You have really been racking up the miles this year,hopefully all your snow does not melt fast again.

· Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Thanks man

RMK-KING said:
You have really been racking up the miles this year,hopefully all your snow does not melt fast again.
Yeah not too bad. I used to put on over 2000 miles a year on my home turf before I moved to this stupid lack of snow area. Now I have come to realize that it isn't at all about how many miles you do, it is about how much fun you have doing it. My favorite rides are less than 50 miles.

This ride I am writing about here was me leaving my house at 11 am where the blue dot is.. went as high as the red dot.. got back to the blue dot at 7 PM I think
Map Line Ecoregion Atlas World

· Registered
9,987 Posts
Lucky you... I got in 17 miles today, 10 of them were like riding on washboards..

· Registered
2,427 Posts
Nice report Matt, too bad you guys got that freezing rain that makes for a long day. You always seem to have some pretty nice scenery to ride through.

On your next couple of rides it may not be a bad idea to carry along a bottle of water or a small bottle of premixed antifreeze just in case you need to top off the cooling system again. Maybe like an old 20oz pop bottle or something. It's just a thought.

· Registered
4,855 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
^ Thanks man

RMK-KING said:
Yeah not too bad. I used to put on over 2000 miles a year on my home turf before I moved to this stupid lack of snow area. Now I have come to realize that it isn't at all about how many miles you do, it is about how much fun you have doing it.[/color=red] My favorite rides are less than 50 miles.

This ride I am writing about here was me leaving my house at 11 am where the blue dot is.. went as high as the red dot.. got back to the blue dot at 7 PM I think
Map Line Ecoregion Atlas World

[thumb]Matt, your statement I highlighted in red above, is maybe the one of best and most simply put statements reguarding trail riding and it's essence!

· Registered
9,987 Posts
arcticcatmatt said:
^ Where? Up in bump hill? (aka tug hill)
No, riding trails at home...

The clubs are not grooming all the secondary trails, so they're nothing but washboards and trees in the woods. I ride a quick 20 mile loop, and didn't even complete the loop, turned around and headed home instead.

Tug hill ain't happening with the heat issue I'm having.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.